Statistic 2011

Friday 22 July 2011

Our Reflection

Chan Jiemin:
Before taking up the module, I always believe I was never born to do numbers. 'I hate numbers and they must have hated me alot', I always tell myself. However, the experience in this module has taught me how to deal with large numbers in a more systematic and analytical way. With the help of SPSS, a lot of complex, manual procedures are being computerized. Now I finally see the beauty of technology and numbers!

In addition, the process of collecting data was truly an ardous one. We thought we had foolproof plans in coming out with the limitations and problems we might encounter during the collection, never did we know that it wouldn't be the case! While our team measured body parts that we have agreed on, we had to keep looking back at our hypothesis and research question to ensure a fair and right data that we are measuring!

Nonetheless, I truly enjoy working with my team. Our no-brainer discussions on the endless possibilities. :)



Ong Li Hui:
Had a fun time completing Statistics project. The data collection skills and techniques that we learnt and refined over this project will be useful for us in the Final Year Project. The data analytical skills we acquired also enabled us to analyze data more effectively. Overall, it was an interesting and enriching experience.


Ong Yu Yuan:
This project has allowed us to apply what had been taught in lectures in a practical and highly relevant way. Although the whole process was long and laborious, the group worked together really well and efficiently! I learnt how to conduct a survey and interpret results in a systematic way, with the help of SPSS, which really sped up the process.


Tang Qian Ci:
I learnt more about the basic concepts and principles of research methodology from this project. I believe that this will help us greatly in conducting meaningful research in the future.  I think the whole process of data collection and analysis was rather tedious but things were so much easier with the use of SPSS. I was truly fascinated by how SPSS works!


Yip Wan Li:
Setting up this blog with my groupmates had been fun! An excuse to take a break from the mundane school work, this project has also widened my knowledge on the use of SPSS which is really convenient and user-friendly to a SPSS newbie like me. Statistic has never been more fun & interesting! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home